Gianfranco J. Cuadra is an associate attorney at Pechman Law Group PLLC who represents and counsels employers and employees in all aspects of workplace law.
Mr. Cuadra represents employees in all aspects of wage and hour disputes before state and federal courts. He also represents employees in employment contract negotiations, settlements, and breach of contract, retaliation, wrongful discharge, harassment, and discrimination disputes before federal and state courts and administrative agencies.
Mr. Cuadra represents employers in wage and hour and discrimination disputes before state and federal courts. He also counsels employers regarding compliance with leave laws, the Wage Theft Prevention Act, and wage and hour laws, including proper classification of employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state laws.
Mr. Cuadra has significant experience representing and counseling employees and employers in the hospitality, building services, construction, courier, and manufacturing industries. His representations include:
- A $1.25 million settlement on behalf of eighteen warehouse employees in an unpaid overtime wages action against an electronics distributor;
- A $625,000 settlement on behalf of twelve waiters in a collective action for stolen tips and unpaid minimum and overtime wages against a famous New York restaurant;
- Litigation of numerous wage and hour disputes ranging from single employee to hybrid class and collective actions with hundreds of class members involving all types of wage and hour claims, such as unpaid overtime and minimum wages, unpaid spread-of-hours pay, tip theft, unlawful deductions, withheld commissions, unlawfully retained service charges, time shaving, and Wage Theft Prevention Act violations;
- Multiple misclassification and unpaid wages actions on behalf of a nationwide package delivery Fortune 500 company in state and federal courts;
- Discrimination action on behalf of a financial recruiting company and its principals;
- Negotiation of employment, non-disclosure, non-competition, and executive compensation agreements on behalf of executives.
Prior to joining Pechman Law Group PLLC, Mr. Cuadra worked as an associate attorney at Winston & Strawn LLP, representing clients in complex commercial disputes involving issues of defamation, breach of contract, securities, antitrust, and labor and employment laws.
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- New York State
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association, member of the LGBT Rights Committee
Hofstra University School of Law
J.D., magna cum laude
Research Editor, Hofstra Law Review
Member, National Order of Scribes for outstanding legal writing
Binghamton University, State University of New York
B.A., summa cum laude, in history, philosophy, and comparative literature (triple major)
- Spanish and French – Fluent
- Italian – working knowledge
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(