Laura Rodríguez is an associate at Pechman Law Group PLLC, where she dedicates her practice to representing both employees and management in a broad range of labor and employment matters.
Ms. Rodríguez has independently handled over one hundred wage and hour cases including individual, collective, and class action lawsuits in the state and federal courts of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania. She also represents employees and employers in the negotiation of severance agreements and non-compete issues, as well as the investigation and litigation of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation claims before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, the New York State Department of Labor, and the New York City Commission on Human Rights. Of note, in 2017 Ms. Rodríguez obtained a judgment of over $1.4 million for five former workers of Indus Valley Restaurant, now closed, in the matter, Dias v. PS Bros. Gourmet, Inc. In 2018, she was lead counsel for a 3-day federal court trial representing the plaintiffs of Eren v. Gulluoglu LLC, bakery employees who had been misclassified and denied overtime wages. The judge found in plaintiffs’ favor for all claims and issued a judgment awarding them payment for lost wages, interest, and other damages going back six years.
Ms. Rodríguez is an Adjunct Professor at Fordham Law School where she teaches an employment law course that explores issues of wage theft on a local, state, and national level. She is a founding member of Fordham Law’s Alumni Attorneys of Color Affinity Group and co-chairs the group’s New Attorneys Division. She is also a member of the New York City Bar Association and sits on the Minorities in the Courts Committee. In January 2019, she appeared on the ABC Network show, Tiempo, to discuss the rights of and issues affecting low-wage workers.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Rodríguez served as an AmeriCorps volunteer and worked as a high school teacher and administrator in the Boston Public Schools.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York Honors: Public Service Valedictorian; Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award, summa cum laude; Stein Scholar for the Public Interest; Law School Class of 1967 Endowed Scholarship Recipient
- Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island Honors: Trifari Fellowship Awardee; Frances D. Horowitz Millennium Scholar
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2020-2021)
- Best Lawyers, Ones to Watch (2021)
Suite 1704 New York, NY 10022
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(